Not long ago, you only used your phone to make calls. Now, you can use it to check people into events.
This week, we released v3.0 of our iOS Entry App. For this release, we overhauled the look and feel and also the underlying nuts and bolts for a better experience. We also included few new features to make checking in attendees simpler, so you can focus on what’s most important – running your event.
- Smart Sync: Check ins now sync automatically – no more obscure settings to toggle. When an Internet connection is available, check ins are immediately synced with our servers and to any other devices you’re using at the event. If you are in an area with limited reception, the app also supports offline check ins. When connectivity is restored, all offline check ins will be synced automatically.
- Handsfree scanning: When you scan a barcode, a message will briefly display (enter or stop). There is no longer a need to dismiss an alert popup to continue.
- Scan in the dark (iPhone 4 only): Users can tap a switch on the scanning screen to toggle the camera’s LED light on/off, which will allow you to scan tickets when there is limited lighting.
- Repeating Events: Organizers with repeating events will now be able to distinguish the full date and time for each event.
- Performance/Stability Optimization: The new app better manages large attendee lists.
- Security: All communication with the back-end now has increased security.
As always, all your attendance data will be stored on our server and accessible in your Eventbrite account for further analysis. To see the app in action, check out this quick tutorial video.
Phew. With all of that, will you ever use your phone to call again?