As a Product Manager at Eventbrite, I love the challenge of using the latest technology to solve problems – big and small – that event organizers face, and make it easily accessible to anyone.
One of the areas where we’ve led this innovation is in the handling of event entry with the use of smartphones. Since launching our first version of the Entry Manager mobile app back in 2010, we’ve continually improved on our free and effective alternative to traditional, expensive ticket scanning solutions.
As part of this update, we’ve also made some improvements to the overall user interface but the functionality remains the same. With Entry Manager, you can:
- Look up and check in attendees off a list on your phone or tablet
- Scan and validate tickets using the camera on your device
- Use multiple devices at the same time at multiple entrances
- View your sales and event attendance stats at any time
- Analyze your total attendance in your online reports after the event
Last year, over 3 million tickets were scanned by event organizers using Entry Manager at events all around the world. We know these numbers will only increase by making it broadly available access these bigger-screen mobile devices.
The app is now available in the App Store and Google Play in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, and Portuguese. If you’ve already downloaded Entry Manager in the past, just update as usual to get the latest version of the app.
And as always, we’d love to hear your feedback. Let us know what you think in the comments below!