Can you believe it’s already mid-July? This summer has gone fast, but we still have a few more months to enjoy the warm weather before the fall rolls through New England.
Here is Eventbrite’s list of a dozen things to do while the weather is still warm in Boston this summer:
1. Find a Roofdeck: Roofdecks are the hidden gems of the Boston restaurant and bar scene. Find yourself a spot in the sun (or shade!) and enjoy yourself some food and drink at one of of our favorites, including Ristorante Fiore, Daedalus Restaurant & Pub, or Legal Harborside.
2. Get Moving – Enjoy the Charles River by taking a kayak out for a spin with Paddle Boston. They’ve got two locations easily accessible by public transportation. We suggest taking a one way, five mile trip from their Allston/Brighton location to Kendall Square, where you’ll pass by many of Boston’s historic sights.
3. Get Your Grill On: Outdoor grilling is one of the the best summer traditions, but it’s tough to do in the city, right? Wrong! BostInno’s compiled a comprehensive list of public grills in the Boston area for you to enjoy all your BBQ eats.
4. Eat Ice Cream: Well, because, ice cream! Ice cream has long been a staple in the American diet, and as former title holders for the most ice cream per capita in the US, there’s no wonder Boston is home to many ice cream parlors. JP Licks, Toscanini’s, and Ben & Jerrys (among others) are not to be missed. And remember, it’s jimmies, not sprinkles.
5. Soak in the Sun: Ahhh, sunshine. What better way to soak in some rays than hit up one of many MBTA-accessible beaches? Revere Beach (America’s first public beach!), Carson Beach, and Spectacle Island are all within a short ride from downtown Boston. Grass isn’t bad, either. The Greenway is always a great option, as is the Boston Public Garden and Prudential Center Courtyard + Garden.
6. Try Something New: There are always a handful of amazing events happening in Boston throughout the summer. Here are seven of our upcoming favorites:
- Boston Grown-Ups Museum
- Sunrise Salutations (Ongoing)
- Donut + Wine Pairing with Union Square Donuts + All For Wine
- Rescue the Runway: Featuring Boston’s Finest
- SEXY SUMMIT 2014: A Day of Fun and Fitness on Spectacle Island
- Cocktails on the Farm
- BostInno’s BostonFest 2014
What fun Boston summer traditions did we miss? Let us know what you love to do in Boston during the summer in the comments below!