Nicole Steeger is the Marketing Manager at GigMasters.com, the #1 event entertainment booking service, guiding party planners and hosts to the right entertainment for any event. GigMasters combines the efficiency of the web with the personal touch of a private event planner. From bands and DJs, to balloon twisters and fire dancers; GigMasters can help you find the life of your party. For more entertainment advice from the GigMasters team, check out their party blog and wedding blog.
New Year’s Eve is a magical night. By the simple turn of a clock we can put the past behind us, and say hello to a brand new year with bright possibilities. The absolute best way to head into 2012 is to ring in the New Year with an amazing celebration. If you’re planning a December 31st shindig, there is one very important word you must consider – entertainment.
Here are our 5 tips for booking New Year’s Eve entertainment to start off 2012 with the right kind of party:
1. Book Early: New Year’s Eve is the biggest party holiday of the year. Don’t drop the ball and wait until the last second to start planning; all of the best venues, caterers, and entertainers will already be booked. If you are planning a celebration for this year, you should start looking for your entertainment now -as in right now.
2. Music is a Must: Music is instrumental (literally!) to any great party. A DJ or live band can help set the pace for the evening and can help you kick things into high gear if and when you want the party to really get going. Hosting a themed New Year’s Eve party? Book a band that fits your party motif. If your event will be a roaring 20s themed party, for example, you will want to hire a ragtime or swing band to make the party feel more authentic.
3. Consider The Audience & Ambience: When selecting party entertainment, don’t forget to think about your guests. You want to find entertainers that you and your guests will love.
Also make sure to hire entertainers that fit the type of party you are planning. Do you want to have a rockin’ bash, or a more sophisticated cocktail party? A classical trio would provide beautiful music for an elegant evening but wouldn’t be the best choice if you are looking to have a high energy event where guests flock to the dance floor.
4. Get Creative: Wow your guests by thinking outside of the box when booking your entertainment. You don’t want your party-goers to feel like they came to a cookie cutter party. Give them an event to remember! Variety acts such as magicians, jugglers, or impersonators make great entertainment choices when you want to add some unique flair. They are great at working the crowd and breaking the ice. Photo booths are instant party favorites and provide a fun way for guests to take home a few memories from the evening. And, if you really want to be clever, consider hiring a fortune teller to let guests know what their future holds for the coming year!
5. Follow Up: Communications with your performer should continue even after you have booked them for your event. Check in with your entertainer before the event to discuss things like event timeline, song selection, attire and setup. Creating an entertainment checklist is a great way to stay organized. Remember, if you can manage to stay away from any last second surprises, you too will be able to enjoy your incredible New Year’s Eve celebration!
Hosting an event? Check out Eventbrite for your New Year’s Eve and see how easy it can be!