Today’s post comes from Laurel Kaufman, J.D., M.B.A., Managing Director of Elevate My Brand.
As a marketing agency, the most frequent question we get from clients is, “How do I reach more customers?” In today’s climate, customers are harder to reach than ever. This is especially difficult for new, emerging brands trying to create something from nothing.
Getting in front of potential clients is that great leap of faith a business owner must take, off the edge without a net. But, it doesn’t have to be so scary. Finding likeminded people and customers can be as easy as searching Eventbrite, and it’s one of the tools we suggest to our clients to push them out of the proverbial nest.
Here are 5 easy steps to marketing with Eventbrite:
1. Define Your Target Market: This is like figuring out keywords for a google search, only you are searching for events in your industry. It’s a great way start talking about your business (which makes it real) and see what your industry trends are.
2. Crowd Source: Going to events with your target audience is a great way to evaluate your business and can push you in directions you never thought of. It’s like your own private focus group.
3. Find Ancillary Non-Competitive Markets: Think about it. If you are an event planner in a room of other event planners, do you think you’re really going to make business happen? Going to non-industry events with people who may need your services is a great way to generate business.
4. Follow Up: This one seems like a no brainer, but it is the single biggest reason businesses fail. You can’t make money if you don’t ask for the sale and you can’t get the sale if you don’t start a dialogue. Business cards are money in your pocket, so use them.
5. Throw Your Own Event: Using Eventbrite for your own events is an effective way to establish yourself in your industry and create additional revenue streams for your business.
Whether you’re new to your industry or a seasoned professional, Eventbrite is a great tool for business owners.