When it comes to hosting workshops and classes, the dilemma is sometimes very simple. You know you’ve got a great event—but how do you get more bodies in the door?
Looking for some fresh tips on boosting attendance, we reached out to two all-star eventholders we’ve featured on the blog: Bibby Gignilliat of PartiesThatCook and Nicole Hill Gerulat of Nicole’s Classes. Bibby and Nicole had a bunch of great suggestions. Here are our five favorites:
1) Bibby: Choose an event theme that corresponds to an upcoming holiday to ensure that people will be in the mood to celebrate. For example, if you want to offer a Mexican cooking class, make it a Cinco de Mayo class for more hype!
2) Nicole: Host giveaways. We are constantly giving away slots in classes free because we always make up for it in new orders. It is a great way to generate lots of interest and make the classes appear more in demand.
3) Bibby: List your event on as many online event calendars as you can find. Not only are you likely to create more buzz, but local publications will often republish your events.
4) Nicole: Sponsor other blogs. We find that sponsoring on other blogs is a great way to be seen by different readers so we will sponsor blogs that give us an introductory post.
5) Bibby: Invite relevant bloggers or media contacts to attend an event for free. Make sure you have future events already scheduled so they can promote them or provide links in their write-ups.
Thanks again to both Nicole and Bibby. And if you’ve got any killer tips to add, we’d love to hear from you in the comments!