One of my favorite parts about San Francisco is the unique performing arts community. These performers contribute to the vibrant landscape of the city and make me so proud to call SF home. Whether it’s catching a musical, an improv show, listening to my neighbor practice opera with her windows open, or running past the guy who hides behind the ‘bushes’ in Fisherman’s wharf, there’s no denying the amount of talent in this city.
At Eventbrite, we truly believe in the performing arts community, largely, because we’re a part of it. We’re dancers. We’re singers. We’re acrobats, drag queens, DJ’s and comedians. We’ve experienced the firsthand struggles of performing, we’re no stranger to the rush of butterflies before the curtain goes up, and the flood of emotion when the audience starts to applause.
This grant was made for the people who change lives—the performers who formed groups, taught classes, and threw events. Being part of the dance community has changed my life. It has taught me never to compromise what I love. We created this grant to give back to a group of soulful, talented, generous, and passionate people. I hope that this grant creates momentum for more groups to foster their art and community in the Bay Area.
- Tricia Choi, Director of Visual Design
Because we’re so passionate about this vibrant community, we’ve created the Eventbrite Performing Arts Grant. We’ll be selecting three performing arts groups to receive $1,000 to use towards their upcoming performance.
The deadline to submit your application is Saturday, December 15, 2012 by 11:59pm PST. You’ll need to submit the application as well as provide links to your previous performances.
On January 4, 2013, ten finalists will be selected and invited to interview at Eventbrite’s headquarters to discuss their group and visions. Only group leaders will be required to attend. By February 1, 2013, three winners will be selected and notified by email.
This grant is open to any performing arts group that meets the eligibility criteria, which are as follows:
* Your performing arts group must hold a paid performance in San Francisco or the surrounding Bay Area on or around Sunday, May 5, 2013.
• Your performance must sell tickets solely through the Eventbrite website. Please check with your venue before booking your performance.
• You must be at least 18 years old to apply if you are an individual. Business and non profit organizations may also apply.
• Please see additional eligibility requirements on our Official Grant Rules page.
Alright, now go apply! What are you waiting for?